Some players may experience performance issues when accessing WebGL HTML5 games, especially those which are real-time multiplayer like Snowfight.io and Brutes.io.
Whilst these games require a reasonably modern and moderately powerful computer and good network connection as a minimum, there are a number of steps you can take to improve performance if you think your set up meets the minimum requirement and yet the game is somewhat unresponsive.
Here are the steps you should take to make sure your browser is setup to work properly with WebGL:
For Google Chrome:
First, enable hardware acceleration:
- Go to
- Click the + Show advanced settings button
- In the System section, ensure the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox is checked (you'll need to relaunch Chrome for any changes to take effect)
Then enable WebGL:
- Go to
- Ensure that Disable WebGL is not activated (you'll need to relaunch Chrome for any changes to take effect)
For Mozilla Firefox:
First, enable WebGL:
- Go to
- Search for
- Ensure that its value is
false(any changes take effect immediately without relaunching Firefox)
(Like Chrome, Firefox has a Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox, in Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing. However, unlike Chrome, Firefox does not require this checkbox to be checked for WebGL to work.)
For Apple's Safari:
Go to Safari's Preferences
- Select the Advanced tab
- Ensure that the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox is checked
- In Safari's Develop menu, ensure that Enable WebGL is checked
Some other tips to increase performance in the game:
- Preferably use Firefox or Edge
- Disable any kind of ad-blocking extensions
- Close other tabs and browser windows
- Close other programs that may be consuming your computer's resources and network connection especially web browsers, communications and messaging apps like Skype and make sure no downloads are being done (P2P, torrents or OS updates).
- Lower game quality settings
- In some browsers, especially Chrome, sizing down the browser window can improve performance especially if you are running an HD / FullHD screen.
- A WebGL game with a multiplayer component can run slower due to connection or internet problems for yourself or other players. Closing your browser and restarting might help.
- If in Chrome, type chrome://flags/ in the address bar, ensure that "Override software rendering list" is "Enabled"
As always, if you still have a persisting issue, make sure you contact Miniclip Customer Support via firstname.lastname@example.org