The 8 Ball Pool game has several game modes that players can choose from, which may come with different rules. This mode is played by two players, with balls 1 through 8 (solids) and a 9-ball (stripped). The objective is to pot the 9-ball legally.
Here's a quick guide to get you up to speed with 9 Ball! Click on the links bellow to jump straight to each section.
Accessing the mode ⬇
How Betting Works ⬇
Rules (Break, Legal Shots & Turns, Fouls, Call Pockets on All Shots)⬇
Accessing the mode
Open your game and click on the "Play Special" button, more options will appear below. Click on "Play 9 Ball" button and you will be taken to the usual Table selection page ! 😉
How Betting works
The way 9 Ball Pool works it that it matches 2 players and the prize amount is double the lowest bet between both.
So when you choose the 10M bet but are matched against an opponent who bet 2.5M, that is the amount that will be used for your bet too, for a final prize of 5M coins.
The first player to pot the 9-ball legally wins. This might be achieved by potting it when it is the object ball (balls 1 through 8 have already been potted and the 9-ball is the last one remaining) or by potting it after hitting the object ball first in the same shot.
A player begins with the ball in hand for the break shot, but can only place it between the left cushion and the starting line (the same way as with 8-Ball rules).
Players must always hit the lowest-numbered ball with the cue ball first to make a legal shot. For this purpose, the lowest-numbered ball still in play is considered the “object ball”.
Legal Shot and Turns
You can hit any other ball with your cue ball as long as the object ball is the first getting hit in the same shot. When the object ball gets potted, the next ball in the order that is still in play becomes the new object ball.
A player gets another turn if they pot any ball with a legal shot (hit the object ball first). For instance, if there are both the 1-ball and 2-ball in play (the 1-ball being the object ball), the player can hit the 1-ball with the cue ball first and have either rebound and pot the 2-ball. The 2-ball would be, in this case, potted legally and the player gets another turn.
When a player fails to pot a ball with a legal shot or commits a foul, they pass their turn to their opponent. The opposing player gets the ball in hand and can place it anywhere on the table.
- If the 9-ball gets potted illegally (in the case that it is not the object ball and the cue didn’t hit the object ball first) or in a shot that commits any other foul, the 9-ball gets put back onto the table on the same position, or closest possible, as the 1-ball before the break.
- If any other ball (1 through 8) is potted illegally, it stays potted.
A player commits a foul if:
1. The first ball the cue ball hits is not the object ball.
2. The cue ball fails to hit any ball (same as 8-Ball rules)
3. The player lets their timer run out (same as 8-Ball rules)
4. The player pots the cue ball (same as 8-Ball rules)
5. No ball hits a rail or is potted legally after the cue hits a ball (same as 8-Ball rules)
The player makes an illegal break (same condition as 8-Ball rules)
Call Pocket on All Shots
1. The player doesn't have to call a pocket for the break shot.
2. It's considered a foul if, in the case of the shot being valid (from hitting the object ball first), the first ball that gets potted is potted in a non-called pocket.
3. Foul 2.1.3 (the first ball the cue ball hits is not the object ball) takes precedence over potting balls in the wrong pocket - if the player does an invalid shot that pots balls in a non-called pocket, the game displays the foul message for rule 2.1.3.
4. Like with any other foul, if the 9-ball gets potted in a shot where any ball gets potted in the wrong pocket, the 9-ball gets put back on the table, on the foot spot.
Sounds fun right? ✨
If you still have any doubts reach out to us via contact link below 😊
Go Back to 8 Ball Pool Main Help Center Page
Go Back to 8 Ball Pool Getting Started Page
Ball Pool is the world's #1 pool game where you can play with friends, 1-on-1, tournaments and much more in this real-time multiplayer game. Ready your cue and ascend enough to become a Legend! Download here: https://mcgam.es/2mfvQxF In this category, you'll find information about the game that will help you out regarding updates, gameplay, account related issues and others.
I like the game 8 ball pool
I want to delete 8 ball pool game from Facebook
sorry to remove 9ball
Article is closed for comments.