If you want to cure the world instead of annihilating it, then the Cure Mode is for you!
Your main goal here will be to develop a cure and stop the disease from spreading any further.
How does it work?
To start, you'll have to select the country in which you'll establish your headquarters to develop the cure. Tap the blue bubble and let the race against the disease begin.
In order to start developing the cure, it will be necessary to investigate the disease and its outbreaks. To do so, you have to:
- Click on the Control button
- Go to the Operation Tab
- Select the Investigate Outbreaks button (the button with the magnifying glass)
- Click on the Fund button to start the investigation (you will spend Resource points)
You will need to take the necessary actions to stop the disease from spreading (such as forcing a lockdown) and develop a vaccine. Go with what you think would be best according to the information you have. Be aware, though, that your authority will decrease if you do something people don't like.
You can check how many people are following the rules and restrictions in the Non-Compliance tab placed in the lower part of the map.
What are Resource points?
Resource points are just like DNA points in the Main Game. You will need them to fund the necessary actions to stop the disease.
Resources can be collected by clicking on the red bubbles that will appear on the screen and with the normal spreading of the disease.
What is Authority?
Authority is an indicator of how much trust people have in the research and the cure. If you run out of authority, the research will be shut down and the game will be over.
To check what caused an authority decrease, click on the World button. There you'll have the Authority tab that will give you some useful insights on what's going on.
Controlling the disease and the cure
This works just the same as evolving / devolving a disease in the Main Game. You will have to fund different actions in order to keep the disease under control, study it, and develop a cure.
There are three main categories:
- Quarantine: Continent Wide Initiatives, slow down the infection by forcing a lockdown or closing borders in selected continents. For heavy-handed control.
- Response: Counter the disease, fund counter disease initiatives, improve medical capabilities, and slow down the disease.
- Operation: Improve abilities. Gain new abilities, maintain authority, and push forward vaccine progress.